Revised ICT Sector codes
by Innovative Consulting
Posted in February 2016
The Department of Trade and Industry have released the revised ICT Sector codes for comment.
A summary of proposed changes to the ICT Sector Codes:
- The ICT Codes have been amended to include priority elements and sub-minimum requirements, similar to the Generic Codes.
- The ICT Generic scorecard has a possible 138 points that can be obtained and Ownership contributes 17,4% of the score.
- Sub-racial categories have been introduced under Management Control with 4 additional points available for black participation at Board and the other Executive Management levels.
- The sub-racial categories will apply to Skills Development.
- Under Procurement, no Supplier or Enterprise Development Plans are required to exclude imports.
- Supplier Development is based on 2% of NPAT for 10 points and Enterprise Development is based on 3% NPAT for 15 points.
- Socio Economic Development is based on 1.5% of NAPT for 12 points and 2/3 of the contributions has to be ICT Sector specific initiatives.
- In order to gain Empowering Supplier status, companies complying with the ICT Sector Code have 7 options to choose from compared to 5 under the Generic code.
For updates on the subject:
About our blog
Innovative Consulting has been featured on the 'ABC of BEE' campaign with Financial Mail. This blog captures the articles published and more of the work we do.